Find out who we are, where we come from, and how we’re committed to building healthy communities. Remarkable care you can count on, when and where you need it™.
Between family, work and an ever-growing to-do list, you have enough on your plate. When immediate illnesses and injuries arise, it’s not always possible or convenient to make a doctor’s appointment. And, often it’s not serious enough for the ER. That’s why we’re here. Our goal is to “cure worry” and bring peace of mind to the communities we serve. So the next time a health concern has you wondering “Is it serious?” or “Should I have a doctor look at this?” – stop by.
Physicians Urgent Care, also known as Physicians Immediate Care, is a Midwest leader in urgent care and occupational health services with over 35 locations in three states. No appointments are required and most clinics are open seven days a week, up to 12 hours a day, to treat non-life threatening illnesses and injuries. Our clinics are staffed by a doctor, or physician assistant under the supervision of a doctor, who provides quality, caring service, and effectively diagnoses and treats a variety of injuries and ailments.
Physicians Urgent Care, also known as Physicians Immediate Care, was founded in early 1987 under the leadership of John J. Koehler, M.D., in Rockford, Il. Today the company is led by Stan Blaylock, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Dr. Koehler, Founder and Medical Director for Occupational Medicine. For more than 25 years, we’ve been dedicated to bringing affordable and convenient health care to the communities that we serve.
- Presence Health, Physicians Immediate Care Form Joint Venture, 9/1/15
- Physicians Urgent Care, St. Joseph Health System Announce Joint Venture, The Elkhart Truth, 7/22/15
- Urgent Care Facility Opens in Dixon, Sauk Valley, 7/29/14
- Physicians Immediate Care Relocating in Joliet, The Herald-News, 4/27/14
- Medical Clinic Opens in Frankfort, The Southtown Star, 3/12/14
- New Urgent Care Clinic Opening in Elkhart, The Elkhart Truth, 12/14/13
- New Clinic Opens in South Bend, WNDU.com NBC Channel 16, 9/12/13
- Physicians Urgent Care Facility on Ireland Road Will Open in September, South Bend Tribune, 7/23/13
- Physicians Immediate Care Opens Special Pediatric Rooms in Local Clinic, Plainfield Patch, 7/16/13
- Saint Joseph Health System, Physicians Urgent Care Announce Joint Venture to Serve Michiana
- KSB Hospital and Physicians Immediate Care Announce Plans To Open Urgent Care Clinic Together In Dixon
- Illinois’ Leading Urgent Care Provider Moves Joliet’s Essington Road Clinic To a New, State-of-the-Art Facility
- Physicians Immediate Care Opens Fifth Chicago Location, Now In Edgewater Neighborhood
- Physicians Urgent Care in Elkhart Receives Prestigious Beautification Award
- Illinois’ Leading Urgent Care Provider Moves DeKalb/Sycamore Clinic to a New State-of-the-Art Facility
- Physicians Urgent Care Expands To Serve Warsaw Community
- Physicians Immediate Care Expands To Serve Frankfort Community
- Physicians Urgent Care Expands To Serve Highland Community
- Physicians Urgent Care Unveils Flagship Clinic in Elkhart
- Physicians Immediate Care Expands To Serve Oswego Community
- Illinois’ Leading Urgent Care Provider Moves Niles Clinic to a New, State-of-the-art Facility
- Illinois’ Leading Urgent Care Provider Expands to Serve Hanover Park Community
- Physicians Urgent Care Opens Fort Wayne Clinic
- Physicians Urgent Care Opens South Bend Clinic
- Physicians Immediate Care Makes Urgent Care Pricing Simple and Affordable
- Physicians Immediate Care Opens Special Pediatric Rooms in Local Clinics
- Physicians Urgent Care Opens First Indiana Clinic
- Illinois’ Leading Urgent Care Provider Expands to Serve Glendale Heights Community
- LLR Partners and WellPoint Invest in Physicians Immediate Care LLC; Stanley B. Blaylock Appointed as CEO