Last Updated: June 30, 2023
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- YOUR CHOICES
- OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
- NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
- NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
- CONTACTING US
1. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
|A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information||Contact Information, such as name, phone number, email address, and account name.|
Demographic Information, such as zip code and date of birth/age.
Online Identifiers, such as IP address and cookie identifier.
|B. Commercial Information||Account Information, such as the log-in details, information that you store in your account, security information you use to create an account on the Site, and other details about your use of the Site.|
Service Interests, such as your potential appointment needs and your interests in different dental and healthcare products and services.
Appointment Records, such as records of any initial consultation that you book through the Site.
Transaction and Billing Data, such as payment amounts and payment methods used to complete transactions. All payment processing services connected with your use of the Site are provided to you by third-party payment processors. Company does not access or keep information related to credit cards, banking information, or other sensitive financial information.
Commercial Communications, such as the information associated with your requests or inquiries, including for product or service support, assistance, or order information, and any feedback you provide when you communicate with us.
Survey Responses, such as the information you provide in response to our surveys, questionnaires, or contests.
|C. Internet or Network Activity||Device Data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, device identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.|
Online Activity Data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
|D. Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information||Customer Service Call, Text, and Chat Communications, recorded by us and our service providers to provide the requested support and for training and quality assurance purposes.|
|E. Inferences Drawn from Personal Information||We may create profiles using personal information we collect, such as propensity or likelihood to attend a first appointment.|
- Sources of Personal Information. We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from a variety of sources, including the following:
- Personal Information You Provide. Company collects personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us. For example, we may collect or receive personal information from a user that uses our appointment scheduling service, provides information to our call center in order to schedule an appointment or consultation; signs up to receive promotional communications; participates in one of our surveys; posts a review on our services; submits a request to our customer service team; interacts with our social media pages; or otherwise interacts with us or other users through the Site.
- Cookies, which are text files that websites store on a visitor‘s device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, remembering the items you place in your shopping cart, enabling functionality, helping us understand user activity and patterns, and facilitating online advertising.
- Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, which are typically used to demonstrate that a webpage or email was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked, typically to compile statistics about usage of websites and the success of marketing campaigns.
- Session-replay technologies, which are third-party software used to record a video replay of users’ interactions with the Site. The video replay may include users’ clicks, mouse movements, scrolls, mobile app touches, typing, and other activity taken during the session. We use these replays for research and development purposes, such as to help us troubleshoot problems with the Site, understand how users interact with and use the Site, and identify areas for improvement.
- Personal Information Obtained from Third Parties. In addition to the personal information that we collect from you directly and automatically, Company may receive personal information about you from other third party sources. For example, we receive personal information from our business partners, our network of affiliated dental practices, or companies that provide personal information to supplement what we already know about users. We may merge or combine such personal information with the personal information we collect from you directly or automatically.
- Referrals. Users of the Site may have the opportunity to refer colleagues or other contacts to us and share their contact information. Please do not provide us with someone’s contact information unless you have their permission to do so.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Company uses personal information for various purposes, including without limitation:
- To Provide Our Site and Related Services. For example, we use personal information to monitor and help diagnose problems with the Site, to administer the Site, and to enhance the Site for your optimal experience; customize content that may be of interest to you; and provide you with information about our Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for consultations or products or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions. For example, if you share your personal information to request a quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to arrange a consultation, we will use such information to assist in scheduling.
- To Improve Our Site and Related Services. We use personal information to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our users to make our Site better, diagnose technical issues, prevent fraud, schedule appointments more efficiently, refine our product and services offerings, and develop new features and functionality.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. We use personal information to provide you with support and to respond to your requests for customer support, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses. This may also include responding to your feedback.
- To Determine Your Eligibility and Set Up Your Account. We may use your personal information, including information about you gathered from third party sources, to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for some of our products, services, and promotions. For example, this may include verifying your age, date of birth, and place of residence. If you set up an account on the Site, we may use the registration information you provide in relation to that account creation to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account.
- To Secure the Site. We use personal information to maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, business, and other users. This may include to prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
- As Required by Law. We use personal information to respond to requests from law enforcement and as required by applicable law, court order, or government investigation.
- For Other Compliance and Protection Purposes. We may use your personal information to protect our, your, or others’ rights, privacy, safety, or property (including by making and defending legal claims); to audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies; and to enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Site or its related services.
3. SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Related Companies. We may share your personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (that is, that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us).
- Advertising Partners. We participate in interest-based advertising. This means that our advertising partners may use technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your activity on the Site and other online services to help us advertise our services, or use hashed customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads to them and similar users on their platforms.
- Affiliated Dental and Healthcare Practices. We may jointly offer events, promotions, or any other product or service offerings with our network of affiliated dental and healthcare practices. The personal information that you submit through an event, promotion, or other product or service offering offered with any of our network of affiliated dental or healthcare practices may be combined and transmitted with the registration information related to your account. Third party partners or clients may collect information directly from you, which may be combined with personal information disclosed by us. If you decide to request, enter into, or participate in an event, promotion, or other product or service offering that is offered by us and identified as a joint effort with an affiliated dental or healthcare practice, the information that you provide may be shared with us and with them.
- Professional Advisors. We may share personal information with persons, companies, or professional firms providing Company with advice and consulting in accounting, administrative, legal, tax, financial, debt collection, and other matters.
- Business Transaction Participants. If we sell all or part of our business, make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution, sale, or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in the business (including any affiliate), whether as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, we may transfer your personal information to third parties as part of that transaction, including at the negotiation stage.
- Authorities and Relevant Third Parties. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, in connection with any legal process, to comply with relevant laws, or for the compliance and safety purposes described in the “Use of Personal Information” section above.
4. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from the risks presented by unauthorized access or acquisition, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access or acquisition of your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Opt-Out of Promotional E-mails. You may choose to provide us with your e-mail address for the purpose of allowing us to send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Site and products and services, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional e-mails by clicking the “unsubscribe” links in the e-mails or by contacting us as described below. If you decide not to receive promotional e-mails, we may still send you service-related communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders for products and service you have requested, or service notices.
- Opt-out of text messages. We may offer communications via text messages sent by us or any of our service providers, such as when we send you text messages to confirm your appointment, respond to your inquiries, or for promotional purposes. To stop receiving text messages from us, reply STOP to any text message you receive from us, or email us your request and mobile telephone. Note that we may send you a message to confirm receipt of your STOP request.
- Cookies. Most browsers let you remove or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Site and it may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We use Google Analytics to help us understand user activity and patterns on the Site. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies by clicking here and about how Google protects your data by clicking here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing a browser plugin available here.
- Advertising Choices. Some of our advertising partners are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and are subject to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising published by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You can obtain more information about these companies’ information collection practices, and opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising from participating NAI and DAA members at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and/or the DAA’s website at optout.aboutads.info. Mobile app users may opt out of receiving interest-based advertising in mobile apps provided by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by installing the AppChoices mobile app, available at https://www.youradchoices.com/appchoices. You can also limit collection of your information for interest-based ads by blocking third party cookies in your browser settings or using privacy plug-ins or ad blocking software that help you block third party cookies. In addition, your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for targeted online advertising purposes. If you opt-out of interest-based advertisements, you will still see advertisements online but they may be less relevant to you.
Some of the third party advertising companies we work with offer their own opt-out options that you can use to limit their use of your information for interest-based advertising, such as Google (info and opt-out). Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. Even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
- Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com. Our Site does respond to the Global Privacy Control (GPC) signal as described in the “Right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information” section below.
- Declining to Provide Information. We may need to collect personal data to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
6. OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
The Site may contain links to other websites and online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or online services that are not associated with us. We do not control third party websites or online services, and we are not responsible for their actions. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the collection, use and sharing of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
7. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA
We are based in the United States of America, and we have service providers in the United States and potentially other countries. Your personal data may be collected, used, stored, and transferred in these countries or other locations outside of your home country. Privacy laws in the locations where we handle your personal data may not be as protective as the privacy laws in your home country. By providing your personal data, where applicable law permits, you hereby specifically and expressly consent to such transfer and processing and the collection, use, and disclosure set forth herein or in any applicable terms of service.
8. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
9. NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
To the extent we collect sensitive personal information, we only use or disclose it for purposes permitted under California law (e.g., to operate the Site and provide our services, detect security incidents and prevent fraud, and to verify and maintain the quality of the Site). We do not collect or use sensitive personal information for the purpose of inferring characteristics about California residents.
- How Personal Information is Disclosed, “Sold,” or “Shared.” Each of the categories of personal information listed in the “Collection of Personal Information” section above is disclosed for a business purpose to the parties identified in the section titled “Disclosure of Personal Information.” California law defines a “sale” as disclosing a California resident’s personal information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Where such disclosure is for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration, it qualifies as “sharing” under California law.
The table below describes how we “sell” and “share” personal information.
|Categories||Whether the category of personal information is “sold” or “shared” and to whom|
|A. Individual Identifiers and Demographic Information||Sold or shared to advertising partners.|
|B. Commercial Information||Sold or shared to advertising partners.|
|C. Internet or Network Activity||Sold or shared to advertising partners.|
|E. Audio, Electronic, Visual, or Similar Information||Not sold or shared.|
|F. Inferences Drawn from Personal Information||Not sold or shared.|
- Retention of Personal Information. We will retain each of the categories of personal information listed above for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose of collection, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements, to establish and defend legal claims, for fraud prevention purposes, or as long as required to meet our legal obligations. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
- Know/Access. You can request the following information about how we have collected and used your personal information:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected personal information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting, selling, or sharing personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we disclose personal information.
- A copy of the personal information that we have collected about you.
- You can ask us to delete the personal information that we have collected from you.
- You can ask us to correct inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you.
- Opt-out of sales/sharing. If we “sell” or “share” your personal information, you can opt-out.
- You are entitled to exercise the rights described above without receiving discriminatory treatment.
- How to Exercise Your California Privacy Rights. You may request to exercise the California privacy rights described above as follows:
- Right to know/access, delete, or correct. You can request to exercise your know/access, deletion, or correction rights by:
- Visiting Your Privacy Choices; or
- Calling 888-638-3470
- Right to opt-out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information. You can request to opt-out out of the “sale” or “sharing” of your personal information by clicking the cookie icon in the sitewide footer or broadcasting the Global Privacy Control (GPC) signal. Note that due to technological limitations, if you visit our Site from a different computer or device, or clear cookies on your browser that store your preferences, you will need to return to this screen to select your preferences or rebroadcast the GPC signal. If you direct us not to sell/share your Personal Information, we will consider it a request pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law to stop sharing your personal information covered by that law with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your right to know/access, delete, and correct. This is a security measure to, for example, help ensure we do not disclose information to a person who is not entitled to receive it. The identity verification process may vary depending on how you submit your request.
Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. If you do so, we may require proof of your identification, the authorized agent’s proof of identification, and any other information that we may request in order to verify the request, including evidence of valid permission for the authorized agent to act on your behalf. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee or decline to comply with your request if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive, or excessive.
10. NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS
Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A allows Nevada residents to opt-out of the “sale” of certain types of personal data. Subject to several exceptions, Nevada law defines “sale” to mean the exchange of certain types of personal data for monetary consideration to another person. If you are a Nevada resident who wishes to exercise your “sale” opt-out rights, you may submit a request to us using the contact information listed below.
11. CONTACTING US
ASP UC Support, LLC d/b/a Physicians Immediate Care
Attn: Privacy Officer
281 Sanders Creek Parkway
East Syracuse, NY 13057
Toll-Free Number: 888-638-3470