Due to the demand for Rapid COVID-19 testing, an appointment is recommended. Slots become available starting at midnight. If there are no more slots available for the day at the clinic you selected, we recommend checking a nearby clinic.
We will only re-test a person that has previously tested positive for COVID-19 at least 6 weeks prior. Based on information on the CDC website, a person who has recovered from COVID-19 may continue to have a positive test result for several weeks, even though they are not spreading COVID-19. If your employer is requesting a retest, please refer to our Return to Work process.
COVID-19 Molecular PCR Test
Physicians Immediate Care offers the Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 Molecular PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) test with results in under 15 minutes. Testing is available at all locations in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin.
RAPID COVID-19 TESTING AVAILABLE FOR ALL PATIENTS
- All patients with COVID-19 symptoms
- All healthcare workers, first responders, and essential workers
- Patients with exposures to COVID-19 (close contact with someone who has COVID-19)
- Exposed patients that live with a family member that is deemed at risk
- Students that require a test to return back to school
- Patients requiring a rapid PCR Covid test for travel purposes
If you are not experiencing symptoms, but have had a direct exposure, please wait at least 3 days (72 hours) from the time of exposure to be tested. This will provide the most accurate results.
What you can expect from your COVID-19 visit:
- Reserve your time by visiting the clinic page or the COVID-19 testing location page. Times can be selected starting at midnight on testing days.
- Once you have received a time slot, you will receive a confirmation text message.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time and stay outside or in your car, unless otherwise noted in your text message. Text the clinic to let them know you have arrived. You can do this by replying to the confirmation text you received when you made your appointment.
- Bring your insurance card, id, and proof of employment (if applicable)
- We will submit to your insurance company for the COVID-19 exam and test. Please call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card to ask if we are in your network. If you do not plan to use insurance, we have a self-pay option available.
For Our Employers
If you are an existing client and have questions about testing for your employees, please contact our Corporate Services team at 815- 654-2300.