Physicians Immediate Care offers two highly accurate tests. The Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 Molecular PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) molecular or an antigen testing based on your needs. Both of these tests can give you results in 15 minutes or less. Testing is available at all locations in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin.
COVID-19 testing is available daily; walk-in or reserve your time online.
We will only re-test a person that has previously tested positive for COVID-19 at least 6 weeks prior. Based on information on the CDC website, a person who has recovered from COVID-19 may continue to have a positive test result for several weeks, even though they are not spreading COVID-19. If your employer or return to school is requesting a retest, please inform our staff of the need for a retest. For employees please see our Return to Work Strategy.
RAPID COVID-19 TESTING AVAILABLE FOR ALL PATIENTS
- All patients with COVID-19 symptoms
- Patients with COVID-19 symptoms that have been vaccinated
- All healthcare workers, first responders, and essential workers
- Unvaccinated patients with exposures to COVID-19 (close contact with someone who has COVID-19)
- Exposed patients that live with a family member that is deemed at risk
- Students that require a test to return back to school
- Return to work
- Patients requiring a rapid PCR COVID test for travel purposes
- Any other individual need
If you are not experiencing symptoms, but have had a direct exposure, please wait at least 3 days (72 hours) from the time of exposure to be tested. This will provide the most accurate results.
What you can expect from your COVID-19 visit:
- You may reserve your time by visiting the clinic page or the COVID-19 testing location page.
- If you have reserved a time slot, you will receive a confirmation text message.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time and stay outside or in your car, unless otherwise noted in your text message. Text the clinic to let them know you have arrived. You can do this by replying to the confirmation text you received when you made your appointment.
- Bring your insurance card, id, and proof of employment (if applicable)
- We will submit to your insurance company for the COVID-19 exam and test. Please call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card to ask if we are in your network. If you do not plan to use insurance, we have a self-pay option available.
What your COVID test results mean:
After you get your COVID test, you will need to take important steps, depending on your results. Here’s what to expect when you receive your COVID-19 test results.
For Our Employers
If you are an existing client and have questions about testing for your employees, please contact our Corporate Services team at 815- 654-2300.