There will be NO COVID-19 testing this weekend (7/11 & 7/12). We will resume testing on Monday, 7/13.
COVID-19 tests can be administered to:
- All patients with COVID-19 symptoms
- All healthcare workers and first responders
- Exposed patients deemed at risk by our providers (with or without symptoms)
- If you are not experiencing symptoms, please wait at least 3 days (72 hours) from the time of exposure to be tested. This will provide the most accurate results.
What you can expect from your COVID-19 visit:
- When you arrive at the clinic, please check-in at the front door. If there is a line, follow instructions to keep at least 6 feet between yourself and others.
- After check-in and screening, patients without COVID-19 symptoms or exposure will be permitted to enter the clinic. Patients with symptoms or possible exposure will be directed to wait in their car for further instructions.
- A physical exam is required prior to testing.
- Please bring your insurance card, id, and proof of employment (if applicable)
- We will submit to your insurance company for the COVID-19 exam and test. Please call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card to ask if we are in your network. If you do not plan to use insurance, we have a self-pay option available.
COVID-19 Rapid Testing
We are the first and only urgent care and occupational medicine provider in Illinois and Indiana with the new Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 test. It provides positive test results in 5 minutes so a person can see their results immediately. It is at the medical provider's discretion to decide which test to use based on a set criteria.
COVID-19 Lab Testing
We also are able to offer a COVID-19 lab test. Since the lab test cannot be run in our clinics, it will take 1-5 business days to obtain the results, depending on the priority level. Patients will receive a call from our clinics when the results are available. At this time, they will also be instructed on further follow-up based on the results.
- Due to high demand, there may be times that we temporarily run out of testing, or we stop accepting new patients for testing before closing time.
- At the time of service, our provider, based upon the priority of the patient and the supply of tests, will decide as to the most appropriate test to administer. We use a risk stratification that is based upon CDC guidelines.
We appreciate your understanding.
Visiting the Clinic for COVID-19 Exams and Testing
To protect the health and safety of all our patients and staff, every person visiting a Physicians Immediate Care clinic will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors. Patients with symptoms of COVID-19 will be treated using our Curbside Care program.
COVID-19 screening and Curbside Care gives us the ability to more safely treat patients for all their non-emergency medical needs. If screening indicates that the patient may have COVID-19, the patient will receive a physical examination from the safety of their vehicle. A medical provider will review the patient’s health history and gain a thorough understanding of their symptoms and possible exposure. The provider will then determine the patient’s eligibility for COVID-19 testing and will administer a test if the patient qualifies.
For Our Employers
If you are an existing client and have questions about testing for your employees, please contact our Corporate Services team at 815- 654-2300.