Due to the significant demand for COVID-19 testing, an appointment is required for a COVID-19 exam and test. Times can be selected on the morning of testing days, and fill up very quickly. It is our goal to serve as many patients as possible, but we have a limited supply of test kits.
COVID-19 tests can be administered to:
- All patients with COVID-19 symptoms
- All healthcare workers and first responders
- Exposed patients deemed at risk by our providers (with or without symptoms)
- If you are not experiencing symptoms, please wait at least 3 days (72 hours) from the time of exposure to be tested. This will provide the most accurate results.
What you can expect from your COVID-19 visit:
- Reserve your time by visiting the clinic page or the COVID-19 testing location page. Appointment slots become available on the morning of testing days and fill up quickly.
- Once you have received a time slot, you will receive a confirmation text message.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time and stay in your car, unless otherwise noted in your text message. Do not park in a numbered spot until directed to by a staff member. Text the clinic to let them know you have arrived. You can do this by replying to the confirmation text you received when you made your appointment.
- Bring your insurance card, id, and proof of employment (if applicable)
- We will submit to your insurance company for the COVID-19 exam and test. Please call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card to ask if we are in your network. If you do not plan to use insurance, we have a self-pay option available.
COVID-19 Rapid Testing
We are the first and only urgent care and occupational medicine provider in Illinois and Indiana with the Abbott ID NOW COVID-19 test. It provides positive test results in 15 minutes so a person can receive their results immediately. It is at the medical provider's discretion to decide if testing is appropriate.
- Due to high demand, there may be times that we temporarily run out of testing, or we stop accepting new patients for testing before closing time.
- All diagnostic tests, including COVID-19, has to be appropriate and ordered by a provider. Our provider will review the patient's medical history to determine if testing is appropriate and which type to administer.
We appreciate your understanding.
Visiting the Clinic for COVID-19 Exams and Testing
To protect the health and safety of all our patients and staff, every person visiting a Physicians Immediate Care clinic will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors. Patients with symptoms of COVID-19 will be treated using our Curbside Care program.
COVID-19 screening and Curbside Care gives us the ability to more safely treat patients for all their non-emergency medical needs. If screening indicates that the patient may have COVID-19, the patient will receive a physical examination from the safety of their vehicle. A medical provider will review the patient’s health history and gain a thorough understanding of their symptoms and possible exposure. The provider will then determine the patient’s eligibility for COVID-19 testing and will administer a test if the patient qualifies.
For Our Employers
If you are an existing client and have questions about testing for your employees, please contact our Corporate Services team at 815- 654-2300.