COVID-19 RETURN TO WORK STRATEGY
We can evaluate all of your employees for COVID-19 to determine if they can safely RETURN TO WORK in a prompt manner.
RETURN TO WORK
- For those who have not had a previous positive COVID-19 test, we will perform an examination and COVID-19 test.
- For those who have previously tested positive for COVID-19, the employee can return to work when the employee meets the criteria below
- Symptomatic – your employee can return to work after at least 5 days have passed since symptoms first appeared (day zero being the day the symptoms started) AND at least 24 hours with no fever, without the use of fever-reducing medications and improvement in respiratory symptoms. Must wear a mask for another 5 days around others.
- Asymptomatic – your employee can return to work 5 days after the positive test result (day zero is the day they tested positive), continue to wear a mask for another 5 days around others.
- If the employee is immunocompromised or was severely ill in the hospital, they may need to wait up to 20 days before returning. They should consult with their medical provider.
- For those with a previous positive COVID-19 test, we may perform a repeat test if it has been at least 5 days since the previous test. If your employee tests negative they may return to work. If your employee tests positive, they must wait another 5 days before a retest.
Note: While we will repeat a test for a previous positive result, the preferred strategy for return-to-work is the symptom-based strategy. Retesting those who have previously tested positive because they can continue to test positive for several weeks, even though they are no longer contagious. A second test may simply identify dead virus particles that are still present. A test-based strategy for return to work may needlessly keep your employees from working that are no longer infected with COVID-19 and are unable to transmit it to others. Our symptom-based return to work strategy has proven to be safe and effective.
THE RETURN TO WORK TESTING WILL REQUIRE A SPECIAL AUTHORIZATION FORM
Return to work status will be provided to the patient and sent to the employer. Please contact our Corporate Services department at 815-654-2300 or your Account Representative to establish this process for you
As always, please contact the Corporate Services Department (815-654-2300) or your Account Representative for more information. We will continue to update you as the situation changes.
PULMONARY FUNCTION TESTING
Physicians Immediate Care has been working hard to ensure all our services are delivered with a high standard of safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. Our new protocols and equipment provide a safe place for your employees’ Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT), Silica and Asbestos clearance testing, and Annual Fire Fighter exams.
Special procedure rooms have been prepared at all locations to safely accommodate these tests. Our rooms are equipped with advanced COVID-19 prevention measures unequaled by any other occupational health center in the area. In addition to our standard prevention measures, our rooms are equipped with specialized HVAC for increased airflow, are sterilized using UVC light, and are equipped with AIr Purification Technology which lowers the level of contaminants in the air, through a process known as bipolar ionization and UVC air sterilization. This unique approach significantly improves our clinic air quality.
Please note that our Six Corners is unable to accommodate respiratory tests at this time; therefore, Respirator Clearance exams, Silica & Asbestos exams, and Fire Fighter exams are not available at this location. For these services, we would be happy to welcome you to our other clinic locations.
An appointment is required for Silica and Asbestos clearance testing and Annual Fire Fighter exams. Contact Occupational Health Sales at 224-220-4482 to schedule.