Your Onboarding Checklist
This page is your resource to ensure everything is complete to have a successful start at physicians. You will receive an email when each section of Items are required.
Upon Accepting Your Offer
The items below must be completed before the live Zoom session on Monday
This step is optional.
This link leads to a printable checklist that overviews all the onboarding steps.
Free feel to print and use to follow along through the onboarding material to help ensure all steps are completed.
Note that the online checklist page goes into more detail for each step than this overview sheet.
Upon accepting your offer, the recruiter sent an email with items to complete.
- Ensure you take the authorization form to a clinic to complete the visit.
- Complete release forms
This step is for those working in a clinic; Providers, Patient Care Coordinator (PCC), Patient Care Technician (PCT ) and Radiological Technician (RT).
- Training periods may vary, but if you discussed any time off needs during your first 2 months, access the link to enter the requirements.
- During your training, employees will be able to wear any of the three options:
- Business casual
- The two t-shirts provided on the first clinic day
- Scrubs of choice. The only rule is that the scrubs cannot display another companies' logo on them.
- As mentioned, we will be providing two Physicians of Immediate Care t-shirts on your first day in the clinic. These can be worn during training. Please provide your t-shirt size at the link, if you have not already. It is the same link where you would enter any time off during training.
- One week after your start date, you will receive an email from email@example.com with directions on how to order your PIC branded workwear.
- Items to order will be based on your role. There are scrubs, shirts, jackets, lab coats, and other items to order.
- Review the Dress Code before ordering.
- Prior to checkout, please use the coupon code that was provided to you.
- Once attire is ordered, delivery time is 7-10 business days.
- a) Orders will be received in multiple deliveries at your home clinic location.
- b) If you do not receive your order or if there was a mistake, a support ticket can be submitted at the following link.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.
Please complete the HIPPA Compliant Forms and Latex Allergy Questionnaires to save a needle stick at https://physiciansimmediatecare.com/employee-forms.
- Select the state where you live
- Click on "New Employee Forms" and fill in the forms, selecting submit when completed.
- If you live in Illinois, you must create your own ICARE account to obtain your vaccine records. See link for information.
- Once vaccine records are obtained from the ICARE account, email the completed forms to email@example.com.
Reach out to Employee Health at firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions on this topic.
The Week Before You Start
You will receive an email to complete ADP Forms. Other onboarding instructions are below.
Required HR forms are completed through ADP. These include your personal and dependent information, identification, tax forms, and direct deposit information. These must be completed the week before starting.
1. You will receive an email from email@example.com with the subject "ADP Generated Message: Register Today."
- Contact us if you do not receive the email by the Wednesday before your start date.
2. Follow the link and register into ADP to complete your onboarding forms. If needed, please see page two of ADP Self Service Guide for additional information on how to register.
- Complete all sections of your Onboarding by the end of the week.
- You must add your legal dependents in ADP for them to be enrolled for In-House Medical Coverage. This covers care in our clinics starting, on your first day. Click on "In-House-Medical" under Helpful Information for more details.
- If you need to return to ADP to enter dependent information, log into ADP and then click Myself>Personal Information>Dependents & Beneficiaries. Ensure all information is complete and correct to finish your dependents' enrollment.
3. You will enroll in benefits during your first 30 days from your start.
- You will receive an email to register for benefits after your start date.
- Benefit enrollment will be completed in ADP.
Verifying your ability to work is a two-part process. You completed the I-9 Form in ADP with the other onboarding documentation. Now you must provide your identification documents.
- Use this Iink to reference what identification items need to be sent. You will need any one item from list A, or a combination of one item from List B and one item from List C.
- Scan or take a photo of your identification documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “New Hire I9 document- your name.
You cannot legally work if you do not complete the I-9 Form in ADP and provide the documentation by your start.
Review Your Training Schedule
- Clinic Team Members and Providers will receive their personal schedules the Wednesday before starting. Clinic Support team members should discuss with their hiring manager.
- Follow the links below to see an outline of training and sample schedule.
- You may be required to travel further than your home clinic for training
Once received, please review your schedule and email email@example.com with any further questions.
Please review the Onboarding Calendar to help answer any questions on dates related to onboarding.
- As the calendar shows, first-day zoom orientations are held every other Monday.
- The Wednesday before your Monday orientation: ADP login code and training schedule should have been received.
- The Thursday before your Monday orientation: an email with PIC Learning login information should have been received.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns about onboarding information.
Preparing For Orientation
You will receive an email with login Information to complete items below. These steps must be completed before the live Zoom session on Monday
PIC Learning is our internal Learning Platform. You will be completing the required training on Monday, so we need to ensure your login is working. You do not need to complete any modules before your first day.
Please see PIC Learning login information on instructions to sign in to your account.
Once signed in, please complete the “Logging Into Systems” module before Monday’s Zoom to ensure that you can get into the systems we will use on the first day. If you have any login issues, please reach out to email@example.com to help troubleshoot.
You DO NOT need to complete any other modules outside of "Logging Into Systems" before Monday's Zoom.
- If you do not know your first-day zoom orientation date, please see the calendar link.
- Please ensure you have a device with a camera that is compatible with zoom.
- Desktop and laptop computers are recommended. Smartphones or tablets will work if a computer is not available.
- Below is the zoom link for Monday's orientation
- Excited to welcome you to the team!!
Phone Number 218-256-5049
If you are sick or feel unwell, please call your manager as soon as possible.
Do not text or email your manager that you are sick.
If you do not know who your manager is, please see the "contact page" tab.