At Physicians Immediate Care, we offer titer testing to check if a person has immunity towards certain diseases. This useful test provides information that can help guide care, especially in relation to vaccines.
What is a titer test?
Our bodies develop antibodies to help fight off infections. Once you have had an infection, some of the unique antibodies that were produced to fight that infection remain in your bloodstream. Vaccines also work by helping the body produce antibodies for a particular disease. Titer tests check for the presence of these antibodies to determine whether a person is immune.
What does a titer test involve?
At Physicians Immediate Care, a titer test involves taking a blood sample in the clinic and testing it in the lab. Patients will be contacted if follow-up is required based on the results of the test.
Why Physicians Immediate Care?
Physicians Immediate Care has more than 30 years of experience in occupational health services. Our health services include:
- Pre-Employment, Post Offer, DOT, and Fire Department Physical Exams
- Respirator Clearance Exams, Pulmonary Function Testing, Silica / Asbestos Clearance Exams
- Digital X-rays
- Federal Drug Testing (NIDA), Non-Federal Drug Testing
- Evidential Breath Testing (EBT), Audiograms
- Physical Therapy
- Physical Ability Testing
- TB Testing, Titers (MMR, Hepatitis B, Varicella), Titmus Vision Testing
With more than 40 occupational health clinic locations, extended and weekend hours, as well as round-the-clock testing, we are there for you and your employees. Contact our Occupational Health Team for more information: 847-257-5616.