Why Choose Physicians Immediate Care?
Physicians Immediate Care helps your employees get back to full duty as quickly and easily as possible. Our founder and Medical Director of Occupational Medicine is board certified, and our team is composed of experts in the field of Workers’ Compensation treatment and care who pride themselves on prompt employee recovery.
Physicians Immediate Care will help you contain your costs, avoiding things such as unnecessary ER trips. Our locations are open for extended hours in the evenings and on weekends, making Physicians Immediate Care occupational health clinics an easily accessible expert.
We’ll keep you informed every step of the way so you know the specific status of each employee. Our providers will call your company on every first visit, and you’ll receive a report within 24 hours of an employee being treated. You’ll know our doctors personally and we’ll ensure you’re comfortable with the treatment plan.
When an employee is hurt on the job, it’s challenging not only for that worker but for everyone involved. As the employer, you need to file the workers’ compensation claim, plus manage everything related to the injury and accident. It can be tough, costly and time-consuming.
Advantages of Urgent Care Providers
Many employers seek out an occupational medicine provider to help them navigate their workers’ compensation claims. On the surface, the decision of who to choose can seem straightforward, since most providers offer the same basic services.
However, occupational health providers can vary widely when it comes to their approach—meaning one can take actions that result in dollars lost, while another provider can save significant costs.
So how can an employer make a wise decision? The key is to look beyond basic requirements.
· Occupational health providers who work under the umbrella of an urgent care organization are not only qualified to diagnose and deliver patient care, they are trained to do it as safely, swiftly and efficiently as possible.
· These providers regularly perform many of the procedures that are commonly caused by workplace injuries. Examples include soft tissue foreign body removal, eye foreign body removal, joint dislocation treatment, and fracture care.
· They are accustomed to seeing high volumes of patients. This allows them to become highly skilled at case discernment so they may be more apt to notice if a worker is exhibiting inappropriate behavior in relation to the injury.
Questions to Ask and Consider
Below are a couple of questions to ask if you are looking for an occupational medicine program or if your current one is not meeting your needs.
- Will the provider be able to treat work-related injuries themselves versus referring them out to specialists or the emergency room?
- Do they have significant experience performing the procedures that typically come up at your organization? (and save you time and money by taking care of procedures by themselves)
Contact Us Today
Do you want a workers’ compensation program partner, led by a skilled provider who can perform the procedures needed and strives to get workers comp cases closed?
If so, the Occupational Health Program at Physicians Immediate Care, led by Dr. John Koehler, a board-certified occupational health provider with more than 30 + years’ experience in handling workers’ comp, could be right for you.
Contact us at CorporateServices@VisitPhysicians.com for more information.