DOT Physical Exams
DOT Physicals are available at all our locations and our providers are on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners (NRCME).
In order to better serve you, the following is a brief guide of information needed that may help expedite your DOT certification exam.
- If you wear hearing aids or glasses, please bring them to your exam
- Bring in a complete list of all medications you are taking
- If you have had a heart attack, stent, or other heart condition, please bring your most recent stress test results
- If you have diabetes, please bring your most recent blood work and names of all medications
- If you have sleep apnea and are using a C-Pap machine, please bring your most recent compliance report
What are DOT physicals?
Federal law requires a DOT physical exam (Department of Transportation) for all commercial drivers. This exam ensures that professional drivers are in good health and they can safely operate commercial vehicles. This protects the driver’s safety as well as other drivers that share the road with commercial drivers.
How much are DOT physicals?
At Physicians Immediate Care we charge $145 for a DOT physical exam. Please note that insurance does not cover this exam – check with your employer to determine who will provide payment. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Corporate Services team at (815) 654-2300.
How long are DOT physicals good for?
A DOT physical exam is usually valid for up to 24 months, depending on any medical conditions.
What to expect during your DOT physical exam
Our certified practitioner will review your medical history and perform a physical exam. We will complete the Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination form and supporting documents, including DOT physical forms. You must pass all DOT physical requirements in order to be cleared for your CDL medical card.
For more information on the DOT regulations please visit: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/registration/commercial-drivers-license/medical